Commercial Director of CJSC Country of Children
The project “Country of Children”
is the first project, organized by Leonid Khanukayev personally, in the capital of which he is directly involved. The decision to start the project was nurtured by Leonid for a long time. During thi...
The project “Country of Children”
is the first project, organized by Leonid Khanukayev personally, in the capital of which he is directly involved. The decision to start the project was nurtured by Leonid for a long time. During this time he managed to arrange some original projects - from development and to the creation of new brands and social networks. His last place of work was the project “Gorki-Gorod”, where Leonid was one of the ideologues. This project gave him the necessary experience “in scale”, for which he is still grateful to the owners of the company
“If it were not for “Gorki-Gorod”, I wouldn’t be able to take up the “Country of Children”, he said. “But when my son was born, I realized that I need to do something now that will change the country. Real change occurs only through a change in people’s consciousness, and we are most pliable when we are children - and then we so often do not have enough opportunities.
I realized that we can create in Russia a unique project for children and adolescents, in which we will introduce them to all the best that has been created by our civilization, and learn to use it. Then I wrote a letter of resignation from work and began to assemble a team of the project for the construction of a better place for children on earth.”
The project authors believe that there is an urgent need to break the stereotypes of the Soviet pioneer camps to be replaced by modern forms of recreation and employment of children in the form of innovative infrastructure.
The main idea of the project is to create a network of children’s creative summer camps for children of 9 - 15 years old with a unique infrastructure, high-quality artistic and educational programs. Capacity of one camp is 1260 seats.
A striking feature of each camp is the creation of an infrastructure of the highest quality, unparalleled in today’s segment of the children’s activities. Also an approach to the formation of groups, the number of which is not more than 5-6 children of various ages, under the guidance of a counselor, is unique. The authors of this project plan them to be “super counselors” working under “super programs”.
When preparing the new camp, the organizers have focused on creating an exciting scenario, claiming to be one of the major events in the life of a child.
A key advantage of the project is the possibility of its implementation (scaling) in any region. Such a project could become an anchor in the creation of tourist and recreational zone of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation.
Now the construction of a pilot camp “Country of Children - Borodino” in Mozhaysk region, 120 km from Moscow, is under way. The construction of the camp began in March 2013 and is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2014.
It is planned to have shift duration variability during the time of vacation (120 days per year): from two weeks to a classic period - during summer holidays. During the school year there will be day-off shifts and the so-called special shifts - for charitable programs, with teaching children from different distant places of our country.
The project provides for the organization of both a comfortable environment for leisure activities for children with disabilities, and of charity events for orphans and children from poor families. At the initiative of the “Country of Children” a charitable foundation is established, the mission of which will be a reduction of social inequality and social integration of children and adolescents from different social groups.
One camp of “Country of Children” with a capacity of 1260 children aged 9-15 has the following socio-economic indicators for the presence region:
- The volume of investments - about 3.2 bln rubles
- Annual turnover of services – 1.5 bln rubles
- Development of regional infrastructure (roads, gas and electricity supply to the territories in the area of construction of the Camp)
- Tax revenues to the regional budget on average - 150-160 mln rub. per year (based on 15 years calculation)
- The annual influx of tourists (children and parents) from 30 thousand children and 15 thousand parents a year
- The development of agriculture in the region - annual purchases of agricultural products for the Camp of “Country of Children” will be at least 80 – 100 mln rubles (with a potential to increase up to 200 mln rubles)
- Development of rural areas - social infrastructure facilities (culture, education, health) of “Country of Children” will be available to the local population within the framework of joint programs
- Increased turnover in small and medium-sized enterprises of the providing and tourism industry by 10-15% due to the increase of tourist flow
- “Country of Children” will create at least 400 jobs for the population of the region with an average salary of about 30,000 rub., which is much higher than the average salary in the region in the needed specialties
- Implementation of modern educational projects (of federal and regional level), that can meet the challenges of regional education, exercise training of teachers, provide additional qualification for personnel of rural and urban schools. In addition, it should be noted that “Country of Children” is a complex project, which allows to provide space and laboratory facilities for the implementation of the training sessions (residential schools).
- Beyond the children’s shifts the camp will become an important cultural center of the region, the venue for festivals, forums, conferences, symposia and concerts, thereby encouraging additional flows of tourists, creating jobs and reviving the regional economy.
- High public interest - participation in the project of the most famous domestic actors, directors, writers, architects, musicians and journalists will provide special attention to the region in the press, which is an effective incentive for tourist interest.